Monday 3 September 2012

Getting (re)started


Let's be clear. I'm not at the start of this PhD journey. For various reasons my progress had stalled but the award of a Research Excellence Fellowship at Sheffield Hallam University has given me the opportunity to get this beast under control, and a 6 month, full time secondment to complete the research. I am grateful for this and for the first time in, well, months if not years, I feel motivated by it. I can give this research my full attention.

Many of my colleagues probably see this as a chance to avoid real work for 6 months. Indeed a number of friends and family see this as an opportunity for me to get my golf handicap down further! Bloody cheek. This is NOT my view. I have a lot to do in 6 months but I'm not particularly in awe of any of it so just need to knuckle down and get the job done. Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment